So this year we were supposed to get 3 to 4 presents per kid but thanks to Dan I think we ended with 5 per kid... ah well at least it wasn't the usual 8 :) only if you add the Santa present and the sibling present. We all had fun and were anticipating the day when they could all open their presents. It was a lot of fun.
Christmas Eve we had a nice meal which consisted of a Ham, potatoes, rice and some vegetables and of course home made rolls. Tristan and I also baked some cookies. After dinner we waited for Steven and family to come over so we could have a little family Christmas program. We started out with a nativity, Steven read the birth of Christ story in the bible and the kids acted out the story with the help of Dan and aunt Amber. I have to say that the best actress that night was Carmen, she did everything perfect :)
We then let the kids open one present each and then chatted for a while, ate some more and right at the end we sang some Christmas songs. We sent the kid to bed around 10:30 I think and then sent our selves to bed as well. The next morning we waited in bed until the kids woke up and started going downstairs to check out what Santa brought them, they were very excited. Santa was very generous this year and brought Shayna a new sewing machine just for her, Victor got a skate board, Tristan got his own scooter and Aaron got his cool digital camera. We opened all of our presents and then everybody started having fun with their new toys.
I was able to find a new set of stockings for the entire family including one for our baby girl, each was $.0.89 a really good steal if I say so myself. They are the cutest things ever.
The cast of the Navity
Aaron and his new camera, he loves it.
Tristan and his scooter.
I am still not sure how I feel about this skateboard but he loves it.
Shayna and her brand new sewing machine.
Aaron and his pile of presents.
Victor and all his goodies.
Shayna and her stash.
Tristan and his things but he was more interested in his new game boy than anything else.
My kids got me a new jewelry box, it is really cute. And Dan of course got a couple of Sunday shirts from the kids.
I have to say that it was a very relaxed Christmas day and I even felt like making a special breakfast, I made an omelet for everybody with the left over ham and they loved it. So far they still enjoy playing with their presents and are very happy with them. So am I :) Hope everybody had a great Christmas as well.

2 comments:
I loved reading about your family Christmas and seeing the pictures. It is nice to keep up - the kids are growing so fast.
looks like you all hit the jack pot! :) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment