I have to admit that service is something that I don't get to do much these days. Having little ones and not a lot of baby sitting available during the day I can't just take off and go help. Last week I got a call from my RS president and asked me if I could help out at the church to feed the missionaries after their zone meeting. As soon as I was about to tell her that it was probably going to be really hard to make that happen she told me that they had somebody already set up with the babysitting and all I had to to do was show up.
I have actually been waiting since then for this day to come because I love helping others and specially the missionaries, they work so hard and they deserve the best. I actually did not do much, just stood there and set up the tables, served them their barbecued pulled briskets on a bun and that's it. What made the whole thing so special was that all of the sudden in the middle of their meal all the elders and sister missionaries got up and sang to us "Because I Have Been Given Much", it is so silly but I ended up all teary and I felt so good while they were singing. It was pretty special and I am thankful for the time that I was able to give today to such an amazing group of young people that left everything behind for a while to go serve the Lord.
I am also thankful for the sister that watched my kids so that I could go and serve for a couple of hours. I am starting to love my ward!!!

2 comments:
Awesome!!! Isn't service great?
I think the Lord knows when we need to rejuvenate our spiritual batteries. He always provides ways for us. I am glad you were able to do that!!
Post a Comment