We were so excited when Shayna told us that her after school program had selected her Mars Rover creation to go represent the school (with two other teams) and could not wait to go and see what that was all about. Since Dan is going to school on Saturday we knew he was not going to make it and since I did not dear to go by myself with all the kids, we told Shayna that we were really sorry but she was on her own this time. I felt horrible but Dan came up with the idea to drive with him to his school and I would drive around until he was all done. It worked out. We showed up just before they had the big announcements and were there to support her for at least an hour. Shayna was so happy we were there. I think so far this has been the greatest experience for Shayna, she loved working on her little project and doing the research. They had a great model and honestly I think they should had won but oh well.
Her school did take one trophy home, one of the other teams won, but still she thought it was really cool and loved being able to go on a tour of the school meet people from NASA.
We are so proud of Shayna and for the effort she puts in her school work and really anything else that she does, she is a great kid and we tell her all the time, but also remind her that she still need to be cool about it and be humble.

1 comment:
Way to go Shayna!! That is great.
Post a Comment