Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Anniversary/new ward

So the weekend is over and we are back no normal, well I have a sick child but everything else seems normal. The weekend was not what I was hoping for but we managed to make the best of it. We were planning on going out on Friday but my babysitting plans did not work out so we stayed home Friday night and since I was not in a very good mood Dan went and got me a card and a couple of presents, we had decided to get something simple for each other. I gave him a cute snow globe with a couple of penguins inside and it says "Friendship is the best gift of all", since we are best friends :) He came home with a mouse for my laptop and an or a MP4 player that I so desperately needed. The card he got me was super cute and he wrote all these inside jokes on it, it was just too cute. He also got Chinese food for the two of us to eat. On Saturday he had to go and take a test so we were left at home for a few hours and I decided to go to the Botanical Gardens again and take pictures of the kids to put up on my wall, some of them turned out cute and I will post them later. I sent Dan a text to come join us but by the time he got it he was already home and we never got together. I was just frustrated that things were not going my way so I came home kind of grumpy, poor Dan, he had to put up with me for a while. We ended up going out with the kids and just driving all over the place and finally decided to go to the Golden Corral, the food was great and the kids ate a lot.
We also went to get a laptop for Dan for his school projects and that was kind of exciting, now we both have a laptop and can be once again in the same room enjoying conversation while playing online :)
We ended up not going to the conference because we found out our old ward Summerwood was taken out of our stake so their conference was not for us. On Sunday morning we were able to sleep in and that was lovely, we got up at 9:00 am can you believe it? The kids were quiet and it was just great. We got ready to go meet with the Humble ward bishop, we had a 10:30 am appointment. So we showed up at the church all dressed up and waited for a long long time, the bishop was nowhere to be seen and we were starting to get annoyed. Finally when it was about to be 11:00 am we see him coming in and walked right past us and he didn't say a word, he went out again and Dan is looking at me like "what the heck is going on?", eventually he made it back and once again walked right by us and did not say anything or even looked at us. I kept telling Dan to go inside and talk to him when we hear him on the phone with his secretary saying "I went to the Browns and they were not there.... they had a couple of newspapers in the front yard and it seems like they have not been home for a while", by then Dan went and knocked on the door and did not get an answer, then the bishop kept complaining about the whole thing and Dan stuck his head in the office and said "We are the Browns", the bishop started laughing and then we were able to finally sit down and talk for a while. Too funny right? If you know me or have read about my complaining I was so ready to leave that church building and Dan was thinking about just going to the Spanish branch for good, but thankfully we were able to sort things out :)
The new ward seems very normal and we don't know anybody yet but people are nice and I am glad that we are not the only new family in there. Hopefully things will go smoothly for us and the kids will get used to the kids in the primary, Aaron did great and loved it but he missed going upstairs to his old nursery.
Thanks for all your nice wishes for our Anniversary by the way.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't believe he didn't even stop to ask who you were or anything! How frustrating. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Powered By Blogger