I am not the best conference watcher, lets be honest why does it have to be so long? Anyways, I do enjoy watching and learning from the authorities but I wish my entire family would just sit there with me to watch it.
We always record it even if we don't watch it right then, we end up watching it later on in the day. We have the last session to finish this afternoon for FHE, which is good. we did have the kids sit through the first two sessions and they had their little booklet to fill out with their thought about what the General Authorities said and what talks left an impression on them. Victor had a lot to write about and so did Shayna. I also took down some notes during the first session which helped me feel like I was paying more attention. As usual the talks felt like they were directed to me at some point or another and reminded me of what I am doing wrong and what I should work more on.
I am so grateful for our Prophet and his counselors, the seventies and every one else that has been given a call in the church, I know they are there for a reason and to help us become a better person.
I know that every time after Conference I feel like I will do better, that I can do better and it lasts for a while, of course it is kind of fading away by the time the next conference comes up, but I guess that is why we have them every 6 months.
Anyways, I feel bad for not being able to give a better example to my kids, I try, I am not perfect but we do what we can. I do remember as a little girl going to see the conference session at the Stake Center and sitting there all that time watching it in this tiny TV with a person translation for us. I should be more grateful that we don't have to walk long distances and sit in hard bench at church trying to maintain the kids quiet for hours.
One of the talks that I really enjoyed and happened to take notes on was by Elder Uchtdorf, he said something like "What seems difficult becomes possible and then that which becomes possible becomes a habit", he also said that we need to be known as a people who love God with all our hearts and also love our neighbors just the same. He is a great speaker.
My kids also enjoyed the "Warm Fuzzies" part of President Monson's talk, and I am going to introduce that idea to our family this week, so we can all produce acts of kindness to one another and also people we don't know, we'll see how full the jar can be by next conference.

No comments:
Post a Comment