Monday, August 17, 2009

Time to go back to school.

Summer has been fun with the kids. We had time to bond, enjoy each others company, go shopping, swimming with friends, we went to parks, we did some school work which they enjoyed a lot, we even jumped on the trampoline in the rain and got soaked. I tried to make it fun, I let them get up late and play games, we had lots of picnics, read lots of books and played with friends. I am worn out and need a break, as much as I love my kids, I just can't hang out with them 24/7.
It is not that my kids are horrible, they are a little crazy I wont deny that, but today I feel like I ran a marathon or something, I am so tired and can not deal with having them at home all day long, is that too horrible of me? I know they grow so fast and all that, I know that I will miss the younger years, but if we all want to survive then I am OK with them going back to school.
I don't see school as a day care center or anything like that, they go there to learn and to deal with different situations, to learn how to be around other people and that is good for them.
They are also excited, their backpacks are ready and full of school supplies, they have all their back to school outfits and shoes, we just can't wait to go back to our normal routine.
I will miss them that is for sure, but I will love the time that I get to be alone (with an almost 3 year old) at home and doing my shopping with just the one child.
WE ARE SO READY!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm with you...I am ready for routine, excitement in seeing the excitement in learning something new and having only one kid home most of the day. You're not a bad mom, just a mom ready to get back into a good routine.

Anna said...

My kids are crazy too! I am so excited for my oldest to go to kindergarten.But I will miss his help entertaining Dylan.
Time flies!

Powered By Blogger