I am a dork when it comes to fashion, I don't really know what is OK to wear, usually it is about what is on sale and what I can fit into. But when it comes to kids it is easier. I have always been able to get clothes for Shayna just fine, she is 9, soon to be 10 but she is small for her age, the best place for me to get clothes for her has been Family Dollar because they carry a lot of clothes that fit her since she has been in the 7-8 stage.
She has grown a little bit and nothing fits her, 10 is to big, 8 is to small and they don't usually have size 9.... so we both decided to try picking some patterns and I let her choose the fabric and coordinate it to make a few outfits.
The coolest thing about making her these outfits is going to Walmart and seeing something similar and then she goes "that looks just like the dress you made but mine is cuter" or "wow we did a good job picking the pattern" or something like that, she appreciates the hard work and I love her for it.

6 comments:
I have to say very good Mom! wow she is so cute on all the outfits. I wish I could saw like you, I don't even know how to use a pattern. You are so talented.
Good job Hyde. Those are all very fashionable. I can't believe you made them. Shayna looks so big. I can't believe she is that old. What a cutie!!!
Amazing! So cute! I love that red jumper... she looks darling in it! You are such a taleneted person... maybe if i hang out with you enough it will start to rub off on me?? ;)
Thank you guys. Shayna is getting big, and she is such a cute model :)
Tiffany, any time you want to learn I will be more than happy to teach you what I know.
You are amazing! The last sewing project i started was ten years ago and it is still not finished
My mom always made my clothes when I was a kid, and I loved it! You go girl, those are really cute outfits!
Post a Comment