Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to school day




I have been waiting for this day to come for a long time and yesterday was everything I was hoping for. I can't help but to feel nervous every time they go to their first day, it was the same when Shayna started Kinder back in Utah and it was the same yesterday as I dropped her off at her 4th grade classroom. I just can not believe how big she is already. She was all about what to wear the night before and what shoes would go with the outfit she picked. Victor was just being Victor, you can never tell with that boy but I think he was excited. The first thing he did when he got in his classroom was taking all the school supplies out, I told him to wait but his teacher was kind and noticed how nervous he was and she started helping him. I think she looks really young but also nice.
His best friend is not in his class this year but I am sure he will find somebody to hang out with.
Tristan is a pro now, he didn't even say bye to me when he got out of the car, little guy with a huge backpack on his back. I have never had one of my kids go to PK and now this will be his second year, he has lots to learn but he is such a smart guy and I am sure he will do great. When we went to meet the teachers last Friday his PK4 teacher said that on his papers there were notes saying that he is "extremely smart" and she was looking forward to meet him.
I know I am their mother and that is why I think they are the most beautiful and smart kids out there, but that is my right as their mother, I love them all very much and love to see them grow and pray that will always remember where they come from and to be a good example to the kids around them. I pray for the teacher so they can always teach them what they need to learn and to be kind to those precious kids because they are in some way molding their lives.
Dan gave them a blessing Sunday night, he took them one by one in our bedroom and a had a little talk with them before giving them their blessing, then one by one they all came to me to share their special experience, I was crying the whole time, I don't know what he said to them but I am sure they felt the spirit as did I sitting on that couch looking at them. I know they will have a great year, their Daddy took care of that :)

After school yesterday we took the kids out to eat as a special treat, they picked a Mexican restaurant and it was pretty good, although their salsa was not the greatest... We had a fun meal talking and watching Tristan dance to Mexican music, Aaron drinking his soda and Victor asking if he could have dessert more than 10 times. Shayna was so full that she could not eat anymore and then we went home. I love making memories with my family. Hope everyone else had a great back to school day.
Poor little frog Tristan found in the parking lot, it was beheaded.
After school pic, Tristan was sad because he didn't want to hold Shayna's hand.

5 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

I stopped and picked up some root beer floats from Sonic to celebrate the first day of school with the kids... but i much would have gone out ot eat for Mexican! :)

sounds like a great first day for all!

Denise said...

Glad it went well for your kids. That's always a relief. Yeah for school!!!

shaunandnina said...

I am glad that school went so well. Those mashed frogs in parking lots are strangely one of the clearest memories of childhood. I must have seen a lot of them!

The Bingham's said...

Shayna is getting big and so pretty. I love Victor, he is the best. So glad that all went well. Have fun with just one little one at home too!!

Emily said...

You are such a great mom. You do so many fun things with your kids and devote so much of your life to them. You are amazing Hyde!

Powered By Blogger