Sunday, December 14, 2008
My Christmas tree tells a story
I was just sitting on the couch looking at my Christmas tree and the ornaments we have on them. The ornaments are just a collection of memories that sit on my tree. There will be a lot of pictures but each one of them is very special to me and my family. The first has the year 1998 printed on it and it was given to us by my father in law, it was the very first ornament we had, even if we didn't have a tree back then, then we have a Precious Moments ornaments of a couple kissing each other, a dear couple from Virginia gave to us for our first Christmas together. We have a cute ornament that was handmade by my visiting teaching companion, she was a much older lady than me but was a great friend and she baked this fireplace with three stockings (back when it was just Dan, me and Shayna). We have a cardinal ornament which reminds me of Virginia and there is a ginger bread family which somebody gave us when we only Shayna and Victor. When we moved to Utah we got a dog and that didn't turn out great but still she was part of our lives for a year and a half and the kids still talk about her. When Dan worked for UPS he brought all kinds of little ornaments and we kept a couple and since I love snowmen and angels I didn't mind keeping them. We have Victor and Shayna's ornaments they made at school with their pictures in them. One Christmas the primary presidency brought us a very cute angel ornament and they have to idea how much that meant for me, I didn't think anybody liked me in the ward so that little ornament made my day. I forgot to take a picture of a little ginger bread house, but I have it because it remind me of my Mom when she used to make them for Christmas. The last two are from a dear friend from Virginia, she sent them to me in the mail, they have a picture of the Capitol in Washington DC. I like them because I know that place and because she is like a sister to me and I know that I am a important person if she sends those ornaments for me. So there, I can't really add that much more to the tree or it would kind of crazy, but even if I don't have nice and expensive ornaments, to me my tree is priceless.












Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's what Christmas tree's are all about for me! They are so much better when they have meaning.
I got your card today. It was fun to read up more on your family and of course, it made me miss you more. The picture was very cute too.
You explanation and picture of your tree brought tear to my eye. Miss having you and this kids close by.
Post a Comment