Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas presents... help please!!!

So as most of you know my kids are toy less now and since Christmas is coming soon we have been trying to find presents that are not necessarily toys. So far we are done shopping for Shayna, but my problem is looking for stuff for the boys. Aaron is definitely getting toys since he is the baby, but I am thinking that we need some ideas. We have found a couple for each but maybe someone out there has better ideas than I do. Please feel free to leave your comments with ideas for me. Thanks.
This is coming from a desperate mother just a couple of weeks before Christmas is really here.

5 comments:

Emily said...

One idea is to get a season pass to something fun for the family, like the zoo, children's museum or whatever is close around. That's all I got.
That was a sweet post about your Dad. He sounds amazing and is very Handsome.

Nathalie said...

What are their ages?? Your friends idea about the season pass is a great option, also Chucky Cheese is another option.
How about projects to build that are safe for them but fun at the same time (Michael's craft store), things you can use at home afterwords.

shaunandnina said...

I like taking family trips with the money, and since you are in Texas, all outside toys like chalk, bikes, ect. are useful all year round! We also do the Zoo pass thing, and it is great!

Steven said...

Some of my favorite non-toys were educational things like a microscope set or an electronics set (resistors, capacitors, etc, I think they sell kids' sets at Radio Shack). You can also get chemistry sets, telescopes, etc. Ah, here we go, I just googled it and this is the kind of stuff I'm thinking of: http://www.discoverthis.com/

Anonymous said...

Rip stick...wave rider? Walmart has them, like a skateboard thing. The whole neighborhood loves them here.
PSP (ha ha) or DS.
Model airplane or rocket to build? Star wars stuff. A puppy ( as my kids request every year) Or this year, they added a miniature pony. Yeah right.
Jordan got a digital chess board that you can play against (for his birthday) and he really likes it. They are also into games. Life, clue, yatzee, chineese checkers. Maybe Puzzles? Roller blades?

Powered By Blogger