Thursday, August 16, 2012

Almost time to go back to school.

I have to be honest here, the fact that my kids will be going back to school brings a little bit of excitement in my life.  Now don't judge because everybody is entitled to their own opinion and here is mine.  I LOVE that I got to spend lots of time with my kids, they are fun, smart and very cool to hang out with but there are so many of them (just kidding), the noise level will surely go down when they are gone, the TV will be off for most of the time and lucky for me the Disney shows and commercial will cease to exist during the day.
The messes will be minimal when they are gone because there will be NO messes period, the fights will also stop and the constant whining and screaming will also be gone.
I think back now on how my summer started and the things that I was going through and I am so glad that it is over and didn't seem to take that long for me to get back to being old me.  We spent lots of time playing, going to the pool, making crafts and playing the Legos.  It was basically busy days filled with joy and all the other stuff I listed before.  I didn't get to finish a lot of my projects because I was busy taking the kids here and there and entertaining them all the time.  I do have to say that they did get a lot of reading done, specially Victor who so far has read the most books this summer, followed by Tristan.
I will miss them of course and they will miss me but as always I can see signs that THEY  are ready to go back to school too.
Now for the most wonderful news this summer, Aaron has stopped sucking on his thumb!!!  He finally realized that school is soon going to start and I have threatened him that they wont take him in unless he stops sucking on his thumb. After 2 years he finally got it.  He came running to me the other day to show me that his scar on his thumb was completely dry after a whole night of not sucking on it.  I could see how proud of himself he was and of course it was followed by "Now I will be able to go to school mommy"  Funny but oh so exciting.  He will probably have to wear braces in the future to fix the damage but the dentist said it wasn't as bad as we think it is.... good.
We are pretty much ready to go back, got a few clothing items for the kids to wear to school, got shoes for the two oldest kids, backpacks for Tristan and Aaron and lots of school supplies for a ridiculous amount of money but that will be a different post with pics. Seriously every year I do better and better in the school supplies purchases.  I remember when I got excited for getting all the school supplies for $70.00 4 years ago and I think this year I didn't go over $30.00 for all 4 kids.
I have enjoyed getting up late every morning but beginning next Monday we will be going back to normal school schedule and that's gonna be a challenge for me, I think that it is only fear that I give myself a little break during the summer time and sleep in every once in a while, it feels good.
The next exciting thing for me is that I will be able to go back to my exercising and walking routine I used to have.  Can't wait to continue with my weight loss program.  Having the kids home was a challenge in that department because they are always hungry and since I prepare the food it gets easier to eat more with them... But seriously I can't wait to start my normal schedule again.
Hope everyone else is having a smooth transition in their back to school activities and that their kids have a successful school year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo for saving money before school starts! That's awesome. No judging here! Totally understand the excitement of getting back to school. Those last few weeks of summer tended to be some of the worst for me growing up. Enjoy the first day in about a week! :)

iwalkalongtheroad.blogspot.com

Powered By Blogger