Friday, January 20, 2012

Kahlan's First Birthday!!



And so it begins, my baby is no longer a baby. She is official 1 year old and cuter than ever.  This year sure past way faster than expected but I can say that we truly enjoyed every single day with her.  My sweet baby woke  up a happy baby and as always took her morning nap which was nice of her so her mom could get the house in order for her baby party.  Yes I thought it would be a great idea to celebrate my last baby's birthday.  I just wanted to get together with the ladies in my ward that had their babies around the time I did since they are going to be Kahlan's future friends.  My mom was so nice and helped me clean up and prepare the food, she even dusted my entertainment center... that was something I was dreading for a while.  Dan stayed home from work today and took the opportunity to hang out with Aaron while we had the party and they had a great time at the movies.
We had about 4 babies show up each with a sibling and their respective mothers and one of them even brought her grandma... it was a lot of fun watching all the babies interact and try to take carrots and sippy cups from each other.
Kahlan oppend her presents and we then enjoyed watching her destroy a slice of birthday cake.  She sure made a huge mess with it.  She would not do it later for her daddy so I am glad we got a video of it.
She liked all her presents and we are so grateful that her little friends could come over to celebrate with her.
I am looking forward to many many more birthdays with my little girl.



Sharing food with her friend Charlie
The guests
She got a baby doll.
 Of course all babies love the bows and wrapping paper more than the actual presents...

My friend was kind enough to take a few pics while I held Kahlan so we could blow the candle.
 Ready for cake!!

1 comment:

Tiffany W. said...

She couldn't be any cuter! Happy 1st Birthday Kahlan! And that cake darling!

Powered By Blogger