The story of my life, a sick kid... yesterday or should I say Sunday night Aaron woke me up around 2 am to tell me that he had thrown up all over his bed. Sure enough there it was, a gross scene in front of me that needed to be taken care of before it started to stink the whole house. We proceeded to follow the usual "sick routine" we have implemented for years now, we go downstairs, find the throw up bucket, a blanket and a pillow and the kid sleeps on the floor and I lay down on the couch waiting for the next event, yes you guessed it right... another puking episode. This can go on for hours or I could get lucky and it could only happen two more times but I was not lucky so we stayed up until 4 am with several trips to the toilet or if he was way too tired just sat there puking in his bucket. I don't know why he got sick but as soon as it came it went away. By the time it was time to get everyone ready for school he was hungry but I made sure he took some Pedialyte and had some crackers to test the waters and see if it was safe to eat food again. It goes without saying that I was so tired and had no energy for anything else but my husband sent me a text letting me know he left his wallet at home (thanks to a cute little girl named Kahlan who distracted him in the morning). So I took a two hour nap and then drove all the way to work to put his wallet in his car so he could drive home and not worry about cops... with our luck we better be safe than sorry. On the way to his job I encountered traffic due to an accident and it took me 25 minutes extra to get there, then I got lost and that was another 10 minutes, then on the way back another accident... Seriously what else can go wrong right?
But I made it back home in one peace and in time to wait for a sweet little girl that I had promise my friend I would watch after school. The day went smoothly after that and we had our Family Home Evening as usual.
Today I was still tired from the day before so I was able to cuddle with my Aaron on the couch and took a nap while the baby slept, then remembered that Aaron had a field trip to the Fire Station at 1 pm and in between doing laundry and paying bills I suddenly found myself running late out of the house only to drive to the wrong fire station not just once but twice... for a while I thought we were not going to find the darn place but I finally remember where the third one was and we made it 10 minutes late. Everything seemed to be going well until I realized that I left my camera at home so I have no pics to show of how much fun Aaron had at that place. We had made plans of going to the store with my mom after the field trip, so we took the road that I never take and guess what? Another big accident and this time it took 30 minutes to get out of there, Aaron fell asleep, Kahlan cried for a while and it was hot so I told my mom to just forget it and go back home so I could feed Kahlan and cool off a little bit. Seriously another accident? Funny thing is that the fire truck at this accident was the one that Aaron took a picture with (with my cell) and he was all excited about it. My day went on just like always and then remembered that Dan had to do a test tonight so I figured we were going to spend some 20 minutes together eating dinner and then we would not see him again. That is exactly what happened. So I took the kids to the park with my mom and we spent about half an hour kicking the soccer ball, running and just enjoying a nice cool evening with the kids. The weather was just perfect for me.
So far my week has not been the greatest but it hasn't been that bad either, some times life is just too much and I can't handle it and others I don't feel so stressed out about things that would usually drive me crazy.
It helps when you are determined to have a good attitude about life and realize that things can't be that bad most of the time. So today it was a good day because we are all OK and we are together :)

1 comment:
That sounds like the worst day ever :( I'm sorry. Glad the next day was better - and it's great that your mom's here again! It's been way too long since I've seen you - maybe we can have a play date some time? O and C loved Aaron's party.
Post a Comment