I have a cute little boy that is LOVING his PK lessons at home. I can remember being so excited about teaching my first born (cute Shayna) her first letters, numbers, shapes and colors. She learned everything in Spanish first and then in English. She was so easy to teach and very eager to learn... now boys are a different story in this household. They take their time and do not want to sit down for a long time (10 minutes is considered a long time). Victor was the first one to show no signs of wanting to color the right way, practice writing his letters, etc. etc. Then Tristan did the same thing and I thought Aaron would be different but no, he is just like the the other two boys. He is excited about learning but he thinks he makes the rules and he controls the schedule.
I am trying to keep a schedule so we don't just sit there in a not so organized way. Most days int he summer were like that. I want him to be able to follow the schedule and know what comes next just like they do in school. He had such a great teacher last year and I know I have some big shoes to fill in.
These are his magnetic pom poms, he loves them.
I think I am doing OK finding all kinds of activities, fun learning games, lots of easy exercises and thanks to many friends in the ward I have sites to go to so I can print special packets. My biggest thing right now is the way he hold his pencil.
The other thing that is driving me a little crazy is how he wont stop talking, now that everybody is gone during he day I am his only other person to talk to and there is no brake in between sentences. He has become a chatter box to no end. By the time Dan gets home I just take a brake because lets face it, we all need a brake every once in a while.
And here he is holding his crayon the right way.

No comments:
Post a Comment