Kahlan turned 6 months old on July 20th, being the great mother that I am she saw the Dr. yesterday.... I was busy having fun with family visits and things like that and did not make an appointment until this week. I am happy to say that she is almost 15 lbs without a diaper, almost 25 inches long if she had let the nurse unbend her legs and altogether a very healthy baby, small but a normal healthy baby.
The doctor we got this time was so fascinated with Kahlan and so was she, they immediately started to bond and smile at each other, basically Kahlan wanted to go see her as soon as she came in the room which is kind of weird because it takes a while before she can be that friendly with somebody new. She would not let the Dr. check her ears and in fact she cried about it very loudly but after that she went back to happy baby mode. She even did a little demonstration of her crawling abilities for her. I was told that she seems like a happy baby and just very curious and active... like I need to be told about that.
Kahlan is a very active little baby who can't wait to move like her siblings do, she wants to go go go all the time. She used to hate tummy time but I think it payed off after all, she was been crawling around since the beginning of the week and keeps getting better at it. Her favorite thing to do while on the floor is to look for electrical cords to start chewing on them. We have noticed for a while now how she can concentrate on one thing and wont stop trying to reach for it until she gets it, even if you hide it she is still looking for it. When she sits on my lap she is constantly moving, I secretly call her my OCD baby because she will repeat the same actions over and over again and it goes something like this: sit on the lap, turn, reach for something in particular, I place her on my lap again, she turns, she reaches again and it happens again and again and again... you get the idea. She even did that at the Dr. while we were waiting to go it, she would touch the wall, then the window, then turn to play with the diaper bag and turn to touch the wall again. It is very weird and funny at the same time.
The kids are still in love with her and Victor started to play more with her, I think he likes how she is moving all over the place now. Tristan and Aaron on the other hand still lover her too but are getting a little tougher with her and I don't like it, I can see them trying to pull the arms harder or pinch her chicks harder too, I catch them in time but it worries me when I go out of the room for some reason and they stay with her.
Kahlan is still a great sleeper and loves taking naps, she takes one in the morning for 2 hours and one in the afternoon for another two hours, still sleeps through the night in her own crib and if she wakes up she is always entertaining herself.
She started to eat oat meal cereal and likes it better than rice cereal, started to drink apple juice but does not think it's the greatest thing in the world, all the other baby food is still OK but I can tell that she knows what real food is and that is what she wants.
She does not have any teeth yet but is still showing signs of discomfort with her gums, it has been bothering her for about 3 months now and is really annoying. Still poops once a week and it is a big explosion when she does go. She is finally wearing 6 months old clothes, some fit, some don't... but I have to try them anyways because so far she has outgrown a few outfits that I thought were too big. She looks so cute in everything we put on her.
So that is the update for my little baby, we know she is small, but we love her like that and you know what? We think she is absolutely cute and perfect the way she is.
She loves the pool and to play in her floating device. She actually can reach the bottom of the kiddie pool so she walks all over the place.

1 comment:
Oh, she is so cute! My Sarah has been on the small side, but looks and acts perfectly healthy too so I don't worry too much about it.
Post a Comment