OK so I am still not that crazy with my coupons but I sure love it when I save over %50 of my purchases. Based on what I bought today I saved $75.00 and spent under $50.00
I had actually planned one trip to CVS today but there is a Walgreens on the way there and a Dollar General store too. Since I had already gone through the sales papers I had an idea of what I wanted to get and I scored big time on diapers (which were very much needed), lip balm, body wash and dish washer detergent. I was literally out of dish washer detergent and knew somewhere they had to have the product on sale. Dollar general was probably the best thing today because I had collected a few gift cards by buying items there so I had plenty to cover the bill, I only payed $3.25 for everything. CVS didn't failed either. I was going to buy some make up items but in the end it came down to what I really needed so I walked away from it. I know I could save even more money but it would require so much more time and I really don't want to do that. I am very happy with how I shop right now and if it helps me from having to buy these items regularly and just every couple of months then I will continue to do that. I have my limits as to how much stuff I want to store so when I reach it I get rid of the coupons and the temptation to buy more is gone. My kids sure love the things we get now and that makes me happy. Shayna is still a great help organizing my coupons and collecting them from the neighborhood, although today she got a little lazy and threw away over 20 coupons in the trash... if you are wondering yes I searched in the trash can for them and found them all.

No comments:
Post a Comment