Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dia de las Madres


We had a very nice Mother's day yesterday with my mom. We celebrate Mother's day on May 10 and so on Sunday it is all kind of weird to me. It is great having my mom here with me and actually spend time on this special day. I took my mom out for lunch, we had to drag along Tristan and Aaron since Dan was at work and we had a lovely time at out favorite Chinese Buffet. Afterward we went shopping but had no luck finding anything that we wanted. Dan came home early from work and sent us on our way to try shopping at Kohl's and I must say he did not need to tell us twice.
Shayna joined us in the fun and we spent about 40 minutes looking around and gathering a huge selection of items and then we realized we were running late for Shayna's piano lessons so we had like 10 minutes to try them all on and check out. I had never tried on so many clothes in a short period of time... it was kind of exciting :)
We took what we liked and when we got to the register my mom got a little nervous looking at all the numbers on the screen, I had a coupon so I knew a big chunk was going to come off at the end and it did. We got over $300.00 worth of clothes and only paid about $60.00!!! For two people? She got things that she really needed for the summer and some nice dressy tops.
Have I mentioned before that I love Kohl's?
In addition to all the fun that we had I also took the opportunity to take a few pictures of my mom and I together. She kept telling me how happy she was and how much fun she had with me laughing and just spending the whole day together.
I am so blessed to have my mom come to visit me so often and that she is healthy enough to travel so often. She has been an inspiration to me all my life and I love her so much. Don't know what I would do without her.

4 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

love that picture of your mom all by herself strutting her stuff! ;) so cute!

The Bingham's said...

You guys looks so beautiful and happy. I love Kohl's too!! YOu did good there!!

Unknown said...

Hola!!! Me alegra mucho verles por este medio, siempre les recuerdo con mucho cariño. Que Familion Heydi, yo tengo actualmente 4 hijos y estamos esperando en 3 meses a nuestro 5to bebe. Saludame a tu mami, dile que le mando un fuerte abrazo y que aun recuerdo que con ella probe por primera vez la iguana, jajaja!!!! Cuidate bastante, les mando un fuerte abrazo a ti, tu esposo e hijos y muy especialmente a tu mami,

Hasta pronto

Juan Alejandro Velásquez
Guatemala
juanvelpal@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Hola!!! Me alegra mucho verles por este medio, siempre les recuerdo con mucho cariño. Que Familion Heydi, yo tengo actualmente 4 hijos y estamos esperando en 3 meses a nuestro 5to bebe. Saludame a tu mami, dile que le mando un fuerte abrazo y que aun recuerdo que con ella probe por primera vez la iguana, jajaja!!!! Cuidate bastante, les mando un fuerte abrazo a ti, tu esposo e hijos y muy especialmente a tu mami,

Hasta pronto

Juan Alejandro Velásquez
Guatemala
juanvelpal@hotmail.com

Powered By Blogger