I took Aaron to his 3 year old check up today, he is doing great for his age but on the other side his thumb sucking habits need to come to a complete stop.
I have tried everything I could think of, researched the WWW and tried them all, I even made him sick by applying some yucky liquid to his thumb (he threw up all night).
A while ago on the Internet I came across this thumbgard thing that is adjustable to your kid's hand and it seems simple and easy to use but also expensive. So I came up with my own design and I am giving it a try. He picked his own fabric and he really is excited about stopping.
We'll see. here is a couple of pictures of the sad little boy who is being forced to stop doing something so soothing to him but so damaging at the same time.

3 comments:
Hyde!!! We need one of those... or maybe even two!! :) Can I pay you to make one for Connor? and maybe Dallin? I tried that nail stuff on Dallin about a month ago... and he too started puking all over our kitchen... like three times in a row... and he kept sticking his thumb back in his mouth not realizing what it was. I felt so bad I washed it off his nail. I have tried it on Connor... who does not throw up from it, but gets used to it and sucks his thumb anyway! :) Connor is actaully doing really well during day time and I almost NEVER see him suck it anymore. but occasionally as night when he is asleep it finds it's way to his mouth! :) one of those things just mgiht work great for sleep! Good luck with Aaron... hopw it works! :) (this is Tiff again! ;)
You know, neither of my kids have ever sucked their thumb, but Stoney recently started to put his thumb in his mouth. Who ever heard of an eight your old to start sucking his thumb when he has never done it before? I really hope this is a craz that will pass soon
Seth, I mean Tiffany I'll make you one no problem :)
Anne this thing has been going on for ever, he is done it since birth. But I must say it is kind of working at least during the day!!!
Post a Comment