Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sewing projects

I have been trying to keep busy lately, to keep thing off my mind. Crazy I know, but it makes me feel better when I am using my time to do something creative.
I just love patterns, they come up with this cute ideas and they tell you exactly what to get and hot to sew it, so really I am not that talented, I just follow the directions :)
During the weekend I made a bag for Tashia (my sister in law), she liked mine so much and she asked me to make her one, but it took me a few months before I was able to actually sit down and sew it. I had the material for months now and I felt really bad for not doing it. I also made her a couple of baby booties and they are on their way to her house, hopefully they got there already, she had a baby girl on Tuesday and I am so excited for her.
There are a couple of sisters in the ward that are pregnant and will soon have their babies, I wont be attending their baby showers but I am making them some Hooter Hiders, like the one Sister Butler made for me, and they are turning out really cute. They are great for nursing in public by being discrete.


Next week my Sister in Law Amber and I are going to start working on our Halloween/Renaissance Festival outfits and that gets me really excited, I will attempt to turn this fabric
into something that will hopefully look like this (the purple fabric is for Shayna and the brown one is for me), wish me luck.

I have Super Saturday this weekend and I need to finish getting ready for that, but there are so many thing that I need to finish before the end of the year or before it starts getting cold around here. Shayna requested a Sunday coat to take to church since the one that I made for her is finally too small (after 3 years of wearing it).

Here is what we worked on this week. Amber(my local Sister in Law) and I worked on this projects for a while. We could have finished it before, but due to sickness and unexpected circumstances we had to put it on hold. She came up with this idea for a Felt Board. I love it, it folds and I actually came up with the idea of putting pockets in the back to store the felt pieces. We already used it for Family Home Evening (last night) and Shayna helped me color the pictures. The plan is to make more pictures when we teach a lesson for FHE and that way we will have lots of characters from the Bible and Book of Mormon and the kids can be helpers during the lesson. The whole family thought it was really neat.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so impressed! You are so creative.

KT and Lance said...

You have such a wonderful family Hyde! And your sewing talents are amazing, if only it were as easy as "reading the instruction!" That's another language to me!

I hear ya on the bug thing, they are nasty, even if they are dead! It's the fact they have been in the house!

Sorry to hear about the miscarage, we are thinking about you!

Powered By Blogger