The pantries are clean and I sprayed some heavy duty bug killer, we are disinfecting every single can before we put it back. My flower was safe thanks to my air tight containers, so that survived. I just wonder why on earth this happened to me, in all my married life this has never happened before, I am not the most perfect woman with the cleanest house in the neighborhood but I do keep my kitchen clean, bugs are not allowed here. I just hope they wont come back and in the future when I buy my groceries I will make sure I keep them all in air tight containers. Even the cereal and bread, that is OK since I love plastic containers and things like that.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
I hate bugs!!!
My week just ended the worst way it could possibly end. Full of bugs!!! I noticed this week that some weird looking bugs were crawling in the bathroom, they are tiny and hard to kill. They look like tiny beetles. I just kept killing them and thought that they would go away soon. Well they didn't and then I saw them this morning around the pantry door which freaked me out and then I saw more and more of them, they were dead but still, bugs are creepy. I decided to take everything out only to discover that they have been living in there for a little while enjoying my food storage, mostly the pasta. Dan did a little search online for these bugs and we found out they are called rice weevils. They love seeds and beans and corn and obviously pasta, they contaminate your food and you need to get rid of everything they have come in contact with because the female lay about 400 eggs, so we recruited the kids and they helped me out clear the pantries. We filled a trash can and like 4 other bags full of perishables that I had in there, mostly pasta items, all the cereal, mashed potatoes, about 75% of my food storage is gone. I tried not to cry, I have been so emotional lately, but I managed to stay focus and get the job done.
The pantries are clean and I sprayed some heavy duty bug killer, we are disinfecting every single can before we put it back. My flower was safe thanks to my air tight containers, so that survived. I just wonder why on earth this happened to me, in all my married life this has never happened before, I am not the most perfect woman with the cleanest house in the neighborhood but I do keep my kitchen clean, bugs are not allowed here. I just hope they wont come back and in the future when I buy my groceries I will make sure I keep them all in air tight containers. Even the cereal and bread, that is OK since I love plastic containers and things like that.
This little shelves were filled with cocoa, crackers, raisins and other items
Aaron taking the last of the cans out of the pantry.
Tristan having too much fun organizing the cans.
Shayna and Victor not very happy spending their Sunday morning disinfecting the storage units.
My food all gone.
My sad looking pantry (this is what we called the second pantry, is a little closet under the stairs)
The pantries are clean and I sprayed some heavy duty bug killer, we are disinfecting every single can before we put it back. My flower was safe thanks to my air tight containers, so that survived. I just wonder why on earth this happened to me, in all my married life this has never happened before, I am not the most perfect woman with the cleanest house in the neighborhood but I do keep my kitchen clean, bugs are not allowed here. I just hope they wont come back and in the future when I buy my groceries I will make sure I keep them all in air tight containers. Even the cereal and bread, that is OK since I love plastic containers and things like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry. I hate bugs too!!! The bad thing living in Texas you got some BIG bugs down there. Glad no one got sick from the bugs (besides being sick from looking at them). Glad you figured out what it was.
That is horrible! I never put my things in sealed containers... yikes! Maybe I will start! That is a sad looking pantry... but if it makes you feel any better... we don't really have any food storage either. And we didn't get rice wevils. :(
that happen to me once and I came to the conclusion it was not my fault but the store. Some times and now I check very careful the bugs are in the bags, they get in small holes and at first you don't see them but later they start reproducing. Next time you go to the store make sure that all is well seal (pasta) and if u check the shelf some time us can see little bugs don't get it can be infected
I agree, I'm sure it isn't you. I have had those and I have purchased things from the store and they have been in there! Gross! They love to travel to all the other food too.
I'm sure your purging and cleaning did a great job. I'm so sorry you had to get rid of all that food. How depressing! I would be bummed with you!!!
Hi Hyde,
Don't worry about the bugs. I know it seems like a disaster, but just think, seventy years from now, when you are on your death bed, what are you going to remember about your life? Surely you are never even going to think back about the bugs by then? In the great scheme of things, they are not important at all.
And don't worry about being emotional... It is not uncommon when you have had a miscarriage. Your hormones go haywire. Don't neglect yourself!
Post a Comment