Monday, June 22, 2009

On Tuesday my kids and I went to Michael's to get the supplies to work on a present for Dan. We had decided to work on an apron for him, since he spends a lot of time grilling for his family :) We already gave him a grill as a present but we wanted to do something else for him, he also got a short Robin Hood sword and a barbarian weapon. Anyways, the kids saw these cool frames they had on display and decided to do that instead. The frames were cheap so I thought "OK we can do this", then we needed the paint, then we needed some decorations for it and that is when it all started to add up. They picked some cool stickers and I kept begging them to pick something cheaper, but it didn't work. They were so excited about the whole thing that I just had to say yes and by the time we got to the register and it was time to pay I regretted saying yes to all the stuff. The plan was to work on the project that same day but I was really tired so we decided to wait one more day. Since I got sick we had to do it on Friday and took advantage of some quiet time to work on the frames, when the cousins and their parents went to the NASA Space Museum. They all did a great job painting and picking a pattern for their frame even Aaron, he mixed the brown and the blue together but he got a nice shade of gray and it still looked good. We waited for a couple of hours and then they put theirs stickers on. Shayna had frogs since she loves frogs and she also picked a motorcycle because Dan loves them. Victor picked a barbecue/picnic table because he loves it when Dan grills stuff for him, he also had guitar stickers because his dad loves to play Rock Band. Tristan had Trains because he wants his Dad to think of him when he looks at them and he also has 4th of July stickers because he thought they were cool. Aaron picked Basketball and Football stickers because he is a sporty guy and that is something Dan is proud of :) They were so careful in placing the stickers and
made sure it was just perfect. In the end I didn't care about how much money I spent on this stickers, the end result was priceless and I was sure Dan was going to love them. We couldn't wait and gave him his presents as soon as he got home and he was very impressed with how much work they put into them. I think he wanted to cry :) He kept telling me all weekend how much he loves his kids and how cool they are. I didn't go to church today for obvious reasons and sadly I didn't feel like getting the kids ready for church so he went by himself and I felt awful about it, when he got home we gave him his Father's day cards and he also loved those. I know he deserves more than what he got today, but we all know that if I hadn't been sick things had been better around here. I just hope he knows how much we love him and appreciate everything he does for us.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger