Friday, June 5, 2009

End of school year CELEBRATION!!!

I have been so bad at posting on my blog (I usually post 3 times a week), but my life has been so full of crazy stuff going on, like sick kids and running around with sick kids. I didn't want to forget to write about how the kids enjoyed school this year.
I hate the school and wish we could have another option close by, the kids loved their teachers and so did I, but the rest of the school staff is just a pain to deal with and they don't seem to care about the kids (Shayna's teacher agrees with me). At least the kids loved their first school year in Humble and I am happy they did. Victor was the one that surprised me by trying to beat the number one kids in his classroom, he was able to get to 2nd place, but still his determination to get there was very exciting to watch. He has come along way with his reading and loves to learn about anything, Shayna is doing really great with math and Tristan just overcame his fear of staying in school. The last day of school Shayna and Victor cried because their best friends are moving away... poor kids.
On Tuesday the kids had their end of year celebration at school and I was invited to go to their classroom and saw Shayna get 5 awards, one of them being the Math Whiz and the Smartest Kid in the Classroom, she also won the Person with the Most Broken Bones :) Victor got a certificate and his teacher gave him a book and a special letter. What surprised me the most was that I was the only parent in Shayna's classroom, yeah that was a shocker for me. Tristan's teacher didn't let me know about their little celebration so I missed it :( but at least he has one more year of Preschool and I'll make sure we go to that one.
Luckily for me my mom was able to come with us, the school has all these rules and for a moment I thought she was going to have to wait at home. Later after Dan came home for school as a present for doing so great at school all year long we took them to their favorite used book store and Dan let them pick what ever book they wanted, Shayna picked one about the Ancient Americas, Victor got a World Atlas and Tristan got a Bob the Builder book, all the books are pretty big and have lots of information and stories. We stopped by Little Cesar's and had dinner at home. We are so proud of all of them and hope they can enjoy their summer.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Your kids are amazing. It must have something to do with their parents.

Emily said...

I am so glad that school is out...maybe more so then my kids.
I want to go strawberry picking. What a fun idea!

Powered By Blogger