A friend from VA went strawberry picking this week and I saw her pictures on Facebook, I have never done that before and it looked like fun. I found out that there is a nice place about 1 hour and 15 minutes from our house, so I decided it would be fun to go and pick some strawberries. It took a little while to get there but it was worth it. The guys were very excited to go and fin the berries, they quickly learned which ones were ripe and which ones needed to stay there a little bit longer.
The place is huge and they have wagons for you to pull all over the place and that was Aaron's favorite part of the whole trip.
Victor got sick in the middle of the night and I wasn't sure we were going to be able to make, but after talking to Dan he encouraged me to go. So we packed the kids and took of in the middle of the day. We were there for about an hour and the kids didn't seem to want to slow down. The strawberries season is almost over so they were not very big, but very good none the less and the guys had so much fun looking for those.
Tristan and Aaron were working side by side with their Abuelita and Victor and Shayna were another team, I just kept running back and forth pushing the stroller with all the water bottles.
The black berries were easier to pick, but also very messy. On the way back we tried to get some more berries and Aaron looked so tired and I offered to help him but he didn't want me to, he kept on walking saying "no help", he is such a cute big boy and very determined. We ended up paying more money than I wanted to, but I think it was all about quality time with my kids and mom. I sure wont forget how hard those little guys were working and how much more appreciation they have now for all the fruit and vegetables we get from the store. This will definitely become one of our family traditions if we stick around here for a while.
Dan could not come with us but his work place was on the way home so we stopped by and drove together back home stopping at a KFC for dinner, sadly Victor was still sick so he threw up about 3 times on the way home. I let him soak on a bubble bath for a long time and he felt so much better.

5 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun. I used to pick apples with my family when I was little.
SO fun!! Poor Victor though. I am sure he was having fun until he threw up. Such cute pictures of the kids.
I need to find one of those places! It sounds so fun!
I'm so glad you got a tramp...I'd be lost with out mine. I almost didn't bring it with us to NM, but I'm so glad I did!
I love Shayna's hair cut, she is such a pretty girl. I feel for her with that cast, but it will be off before ya know it!
so what yummy treats are you going to make with all those strawberries? Jam? Pies? Shakes. smoothies? shortcake? chocolate dipped strawberries?... I am suddenly feeling very hungry! ;)
That looks like so much fun!!! I wanna come!
Post a Comment