I am sitting in my closet in the middle of the night trying to get sleepy but it is not working. I think the medication I am taking is making me have sleepless nights and I hate it. It has been horrible for me the last 5 days, I might seem like I am doing better to everybody around me but I feel awful. The worst part is that I had family visiting and I don't think I was a lot of fun for them to be around. I didn't mean to get grouchy and stuff, but I can't hear anything. I don't know why moms can't get some kind of vaccine to prevent them from getting sick, it is so not fear. Everything started Tuesday night, what seemed to be a normal cold, got worse by the minute, literally. Wednesday morning I had to take Shayna to the doctor to get the cast removed from her arm and we had been planning a big celebration (going to the pool two days in a row just her and me). I woke up really sick, with a lot of pressure between the eyes and a big headache. My mom was in San Antonio with my brother and family so my kind visiting teacher babysat all three boys for me (for 4 hours). Shayna got her cast off, Dr said she seemed fine and to come back in 4 weeks to check on her arm, she is supposed to take it easy for 2 weeks... we'll see :) By the time we got home I was dead, my right ear started hurting and I knew that it was an ear infection. I simply laid on the couch while the kids watched some TV and waited for some grown up to come rescue me. When they all got back from San Antonio I knew my mom would be my hero and take over for me, which she did and I am for ever grateful. Thinks didn't get any better, the next morning my left ear was hurting and I was in tears, so I made an appointment and left an hour later. The doctor told me that my case was rare and he had no idea how in the world I ended up with double ear infections on both ears. The best news were yet to come, he gave the prescription and said that I was not going to feel better right away and that this kind of infection takes up to 3 weeks to heal, the symptoms last that long and it was not going to be fun. Was he right about that, it has been painful and annoying. I am 80% deaf I think, and I rather not to talk to people because I can not hear them. I am taking two kind of antibiotics and the most annoying one is the ear drops, I have to do those every 6 hours and 4 drops on each ear, they burn and after that I really can't hear anything. I had a fever for 3 days I think and got hot flashes all day long, did I mention that it has been horrible? Sadly my family leaves tomorrow and I don't think the last four days were that much fun because of me, but we tried. We went to Kemah and San Jacinto on Saturday, it was really hot but we did get lots of pictures and enjoyed some time together. The cousins had lots of fun playing and having a sleeping over every night. My brother Nefi, his wife Megan, my mom and I had a fun night last night making jokes and watching pictures and videos of their vacation. We laughed so hard I almost peed in my pants :) In the midst of all this craziness Dan was working on his finals and so far we know he did great on the math test, he is still waiting on the other one. So my brother's vacation comes to an end and we already said goodbye, we hope to see them again and hope that they had a nice
visit in Houston, we will miss them but are happy that they had the chance to come see us and our "Humble" home :)

2 comments:
Yikes! your poor thing! doesn't sound fun. hope you are feeling even a little better!
wow, that sounds like an intense few days! Hope you guys are feeling better!
Post a Comment