Saturday, August 9, 2008






Finally I am able to blog again. My cool camera died a few weeks ago, right after we got back from Sea World and I had been trying to take pictures but the flash wasn't working. I can still take videos with it but the pictures come out all blurry. So about 2 days ago Dan said I could go buy another camera. I found one at Sam's club and it's kind of cool. I love the fact that is very slim and super small. So I have been trying to get used to it. I still don't like how the pictures come out. Anyways we have been getting used to living in our new home, we love it but are still not quite settled in yet. There are boxes in my room, in the study and we need to figure out how to set up my sewing/craft station. The kids rooms are completely done now and the kitchen, also the laundry room and we have been hanging some things on the wall.
We are trying to sell the extra living room set still and we have no dining table, but we decided to wait on that. The living room needs a new entertainment center and that is why we still have boxes with stuff in it. The garage has been kind of organized and our master closet has all the clothes we own in it. It is so cool to go in there and to be able to see everything on the hangers.
Dan is probably going to start a new job by the end of the month, all we are waiting on is the background check to come back. I think he is very excited to go back to work and get away from his grouchy wife. It has been great to have him with us but I think he needs a break (I don't :)Yesterday the Olympics started and that is always so exciting for me, I just love the Olympics and my favorite thing is to watch the
Opening Ceremony and to see the Guatemala Flag, even if they don't win anything is just cool to see it there and to know that we are part of the whole thing.
So to try to entertain the kids I found some cool ideas for the kids yesterday and we had our very own Kids Olympics at home. We had a torch that they passed around running from the backyard and around the living room and Tristan was the lucky one that got to light the torch (a lamp shade upside down with a bright orange blanket in it). We had a few games and they all got to participate in them, even Aaron. Aaron is just so fun to watch trying to be like his older siblings. He ran with them and did everything they did. I think it was so much fun and the kids enjoyed it a lot.
Later the kids wanted to go outside and play with the sprinklers and get wet. We got to meed our neighbors next door and that was nice, they are brand new too.
A couple of days ago we went to our neighborhood park with the kids and that is something I can see myself doing a lot with Tristan and Aaron in the future. On the way there Shayna found a little frog. She loves frogs and keeps catching them in the front yard and backyard. It is kind of cool because she wanted to have a pet frog but now that we see 5 or 6 everyday, she doesn't need to get one in the house.
The other fun thing we did for Shayna was her perm. She misses having curly hair and one day I decided to go ahead and perm her hair. I was a little nervous but it turned out OK. She really loves it and is very happy to have the curls back.
So that's some of the things we have done lately.

3 comments:

Denise said...

The olympics and races are such a cute idea. I'll have to try that out for family night. Your house looks great. I bet you love having your own place. It's good to see you are doing great.

The Bingham's said...

You sound like you are doing great!!! Love the house. I love that you have frogs around, how fun. So glad all is well. We still miss you though.

KT and Lance said...

Yeah for the new job! That's got to be a relief! And I love your house! That's so fun and exciting unpacking boxes and getting settled again, and hello, your washer and dryer rock!

kt

Powered By Blogger