Saturday, November 14, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year we all decided to just go with whatever for our Halloween outfits, meaning we didn't do a family theme like I love to do....oh well.
Because we don't have much money to spend on things or buy outfits we got crafty and also visited a super cheap thrift store to get things for the costumes.  I know, it's not ideal to a lot of people to go through mountains of clothes but I didn't mind. For $3.15 we got  Shayna's jacket, Dan's jacket and few extras for Kahlan and myself.
For Tristan we were lucky enough to have a friend lend us her Knight costume she had gotten for her son last Halloween and they were not going to use.  Aaron was just a last minute thing.  We got a vest from the dollar store and adjusted it to his size, found an old shirt in the closet and got a firefighter helmet form the dollar store to complete the look for him.
Victor did not want to decide on an outfit and I gave up on him so he was just going to go without a costume, last minute freak out lead me to do a zombie look on him which he agreed to.  I offered several options for a whole week but he didn't want any of them.  For Kahlan another friend donated her old She-ra costume that she made for girls and from there Kahlan suggested directions on how to make it look better and closer to the real thing.  She was really into it and supervised every step of the way letting me know when I was not doing it right.  Her dad got a wig at a dollar store of course so it completed the look for her, We did have to trim the hair a little and I tried to curl it... did you know that you can melt the hair on the wig? your probably did, I had to do it to learn my lesson.
My idea for my costume came from watching a Netflix show with my mom and from wanting to be Agent Carter from the Captain America movie.... She is really pretty and I love the outfits form the 1930-1940... actually anything from before clothes stated to get all weird I love!!!
I had the fabric already and a pattern for it so mine was practically free this year.... my mom gave me her shows and got me the gloves, she loved my outfit.
For my mom the 99 cent store came to the rescue, we found a french maid outfit for... well 99 cents and she looked great but I forgot to  take pictures at home and then forgot the camera at home. So sad.
We all had a great time at the Trunk or Treat at the church and I was relived that everyone was happy with their outfits.












No comments:

Powered By Blogger