So the end of school year is coming soon and with it my life gets a little crazy. We have lots of things happening with all of the four kids in school but Shayna always has the most with band, orchestra and other things. I am so happy that this year I actually got to go see her perform to all the events and I felt so proud to see her there doing so well. Dan met me one of the nights to go see her play with her band in the Spring concert. It was really good.
I was talking to Dan about how Shayna has been doing really good in school this year, I mean she is always done well but it seems to me that she had a little bit of a struggle last year when she first started middle school but now she seems to be used to it and she has been making straight As all year long. We are truly proud of her. Of course we are very proud of all the kids, they all did so great in school and they all deserve praises. I just wanted to do this special post for Shayna because she is my right arm in this house and I want her to know that, I tell her all the time how grateful I am for all the things she does for us, she is awesome at babysitting, she is awesome at school, she doesn't like cleaning but she still does it and I know it is hard for her to see now but I am only trying to teach her the things she needs to know so when she becomes an adult and has a place of her own she can take her of it and herself just fine.
Thanks to Shayna, Dan and I can go out on dates, enjoy movies and a little shopping without all the craziness of the 5 kids. I can trust that if I leave the house, Kahlan will be OK (even if her diapers don't get change all the time) and they all will be safe for a little while. Thanks to Shayna some times I can escape to the gym by myself and get some of my stress out.
I don't have to worry about school with her because she does really well and sometimes I get to help her with her projects and she tells me that she loves how I can help her. One day she got really emotional because she had to share her testimony at church about the YW program but she said that most of the things that she knows she has learned them from me and she is grateful to have me as her mother, she really thinks that I teach her a lot. It is nice to her those things from her, it really is.
I really hope that she enjoys her summer and I will try to make it fun because she deserves it.
Spring concert, she got a medal!!!
She really enjoys being part of the Trash Can Band.
In action and getting her medal.
Project for school, she is so talented with her drawings and her poems were awesome too.

No comments:
Post a Comment