Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Meet Sheldon

Last week I was talking to my mom on the phone and looking out the window when I see this "rock" moving across the backyard, I am very curious so I went out there to see what that was... it was a turtle. I immediately picked it up and put it in a bucket not knowing if it would become a future pet or just something to show my kids and then let go (as we did many years ago with a bunny that we found in our garage).
When Dan called me during his break I told him about it and he said we should keep it, there was nothing else that needed to be said, done deal so now we have a  pet turtle and the kids love it already. 
We were really heartbroken when our Franklin died a couple of years ago and they seem to be really excited to take care of it.
Yesterday Dan took me to the store to get all the supplies to build him a nice little place to live and be safe from predators.  I had the whole idea planned in my head and it was cool to see it become a reality with the help of my two kids who were really interested in the project.  We got a large bucket with a lid, chicken coop wire, wire, dirt a dish for his little pond and a flower pot for his "man cave".  We got hurt cutting the wire and I got burned on my arm when I cut a whole on the lid, apparently when you are using your Dremel tool it melts the plastic away and if it falls on your skin it will really really hurt... lesson learned. 








It didn't take that long to finish our little project and soon enough it was ready for test drive. 
We think he likes his new environment and loves getting in his water to poop, ha ha.  
Welcome to our family Sheldon!!!

PS The name Sheldon was given to him because his shell is damaged in the front and Sheldon is one of the funny characters of  "The Big Bang Theory"  show that Dan and I watch.  Just so you know :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger