Sunday, July 29, 2012

Father's Day

 Since my surgery was coming up before Father's day, the kids and I got busy preparing everything to give him his presents before Sunday.  We got a little crafty this year and went to Hobby Lobby to buy the materials, we scored big time with their sale they were having.  Our little project turned out to be less than $3.00 :) They all painted parts of it.  We got a flower pot and the base (Tristan broke the other base that was supposed to be part of it but we made it work) and we also got a crystal bowl. 
 We already had the paint and the holder to attach to it.

 Here is Tristan before he broke his part... so sad.

 Here is the finish product, we used modpodge to add the Redskins picture on it and added his favorite candy to it and there you have it a gumball machine... that is not really a machine nor does it have gumballs, but still pretty cool.

 
 I came up with this cute wall decoration for him out of all of their hand prints.  It was super fun and Dan really appreciated it. I think he will treasure this for ever.

 The kids made their own cards for their dad, some ideas that we found on line and printed out to just glue on card stock.  Shayna made the cute shirt and Aaron glued rice on to paper to make a sun for him.
I didn't take a picture of his last present but it is pretty cool too.  He has been wanting a piano bench and I found the perfect one with a leather top and it opens up to put away his books.  All in all it was really nice this year even if we celebrated a little early.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger