Thursday, May 31, 2012

I hate the S word

Surgery... what did you think?  I know from what I have talked to other people about my upcoming surgery that it is not a big deal, well guess what?  It's my life it's my body and it is me the one that is going to end up on the cutting table so allow me to be scared and make a big deal out of it.  There.... I feel better now :)
It's just funny that every time someone asks me about it they start telling me how this is not like other surgeries since I will be going home the same day just a few hours after it is all done.  I get that, believe me and I am glad it is nothing major but I still can't get this horrible feeling that I am going to be there on a table asleep and anything could happen, specially after I signed the waver for the doctor in case something goes wrong like malfunction of the instruments??? I don't mean to sound like my 10 year old boy but "what exactly does that mean?"  I am praying that I wont be that 1% that has to find out about it.  Anyways I am not thinking that I am going to die or anything like that, it is just the fear of the unknown and the fact that there is going to be a lot of pain, constant pain.  I HATE pain and don't like dealing with it at all.  I really hope the recovery is as fast as they say and that I will be able to feel better after the 2 weeks because summer is just starting and the surgery happens to be on the first day my kids will be home from school.  They were so looking forward to going to the pool everyday on the first week off school and now they will have to just stay home and pamper me (I wish).  I do have to be grateful for all the help I have been offered and think that will be taking them up on their offers.  My SIL Amber will watch my kids on Monday while Dan and I go together to the slaughter house I mean to the hospital and some people are bringing over dinner that night so that helps a lot. Most of all I am thankful that Dan will be there for me on Monday, for a while we thought we were going to have to reschedule or maybe get someone else to come with me.
So now I am just getting ready for next week, getting some laundry done, tomorrow I will deep clean the bathrooms so they can smell all nice and clean (for a couple of hours right?) and also taking care of things that I wont be able to do  while recuperating. 
I know some day I will look back on this day and laugh at myself for making such a big deal out of this but for now I think nail biting and worrying is on the menu.  Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement, sorry they did not make feel at ease :)

1 comment:

Steven said...

I agree. The statistics are on your side, but then there's that 1% chance - that's why I've put off getting my eyes lasered for so long - so there's always that little bit of anxiety no matter what. I'm glad we can help out with the kids. Good luck, and let's pray that no instruments malfunction! :)

Powered By Blogger