Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kahlan's blessing

 



I am taking advantage of Shayna holding Kahlan for a few minutes to write a quick post.  Today we blessed Kahlan and it went well.  Dan was very nervous about it but I think he did a great job.  We invited Steven and family and also a couple of our friends from our old ward, the Lock and Washburn families.  I was so happy to see them all there and grateful for it since I know they have callings in their ward and took the time to come today and be part of it.
Dan got a little emotional while giving Kahlan the blessing and of course I got all teary, it was a very special moment.  Kahlan was as happy as she could be and did not cry at all and she looks so beautiful in her dress.  I made her dress months ago before she was born and a couple of days ago I finished it with a cute fabric flower to go in the front, I also made a matching flower to go with her head band.
After the blessing I wanted to get a picture taken with everybody but by then the Locks had already left (I knew they were leaving early) and Steven and Amber were gone too, we were able to get a picture of Dan and me with Kahlan and then with my friend Tifanny though, that was nice.
My kids kind of ran to the primary since Tristan and Aaron had the scripture and prayer assigned today.


After pictures we ran to the primary so I could see Aaron and Tristan.  Aaron did great with the help of a sister and Tristan did awesome all by himself, I tried to help him but he told me he could do it...  and he did, he did not stumble one bit.  He is turning out to be a good reader :)
All in all we had a good day with good food and a long nap,  sadly Dan is now doing homework and don't know if we will see him tonight at all but all is good.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, she looks beautiful in her dress! What a special day for all of you.

Powered By Blogger