I haven't been feeling like blogging lately but honestly I don't even know if that many people read it anymore so sometimes I wonder why do I even care... oh yeah because this blog is mainly for me and my posterity :)
We have been doing things, going places and taking pictures but I just can't find the time to sit down and get the pictures in here and write about it, also lots of thinking going on and to get silly thoughts out of my head I better get busy I guess.
The kids and I decorated a Halloween house that we got at Walmart. I usually get into the decorating thing 100% but this year it has not been the case. The kids basically decorated the outside of the house so if you were to come to my house then you would understand what I mean, they did a good job, basically it is the same old decorations so it was easy for them to figure out how to put them up.
I also worked on a little project of mine this year, I had seen this Halloween counters before and think they are really cute but when I went to the store to look for the materials they did not have them, apparently you have to buy a piece of wood and cut to size and all that fun stuff, so we went a different direction and thanks to my crafty daughter Shayna we managed to find a way to make it and I really like it. We bought the blocks at Michaels and also the little boxes the are in, I painted the boxes, covered the blocks with paper and added the numbers (I used a marker and did it by hand instead of using stickers or anything else). I think it all came together very well and it was easy to make.
These are my dollar store finds, two plates a little jar that go together, aren't they cute?

3 comments:
I know what you mean about the blog. But I am using it as a little journal. I know there is a website that you can print your blog off and make into a book.
Cute decorations. That is what we are doing tonight for family night.
I need to get my decorations out too. I only have a few, so it doesn't take long to decorate. :) Your count down decoration is so cute!
I love the decorations! You are so cute and thrifty and that countdown is one of the cutest halloween decorations I have seen yet! Feel better soon, I love you! :)
Post a Comment