Thursday, October 7, 2010

The beach!!!



One of the reasons I was so excited to move to Texas was because of the proximity to the beach. I grew up in a country where going to beach was something we did regularly. The water was always clean and warm and the weather was perfect, we used to spend the weekend there when ever we could. Since I came to the USA that was not the case, I never went to VA beach while we lived there, I went to the beach in New Jersey and I froze my butt off. We have not been to the beach as much as I would love to but at least once year we have done the trip down there. We went to Galveston last month when my mom came back from Utah and we had a blast, it was the perfect day, perfect weather, it wasn't crowded, no jelly fish stinging us and the water was kind of clear. We played in the sand, jumped in the water, buried our feet in the sand and just enjoyed ourselves there.




The kids and my mom were mostly in the water playing and the kids were amazed at how far they could go before it started to get really deep.
I wanted to go back but I am not sure we will have the time to do it.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so jealous that you live by the beach! My kids have never been there and I would love to take them. Maybe someday . . .
How fun for you guys!

Denise said...

I love the beach...that was one of my favorite things to do when we went to California. Looks like you had lots of fun.

Powered By Blogger