
You have read about my loosing weight ordeal before and how I was trying to keep eating healthy and all that good stuff. I have to say that during the pregnancy last year I pretty much started to gain weight for no reason at all, I wasn't eating that much more or anything but the weight just kept going up and up and up. I have been really good at eating smaller portions and doing my basic three meals a day with a occasional snack between meals. I have been doing my active (PS3) exercises when the kids are at school and I have a couple of work out videos but those are a little easy to skip for what ever reason. Recently I started walking at the park that is close by the house and it is kind of nice because I do it right after I drop the kids off at school and it is just Aaron and me for about an hour. I can never go for more than an hour and that allows me to walk two miles at least. Still I see no improvement in the weight loss. But I am not getting discouraged. I presented Dan with a plan that will eventually help him too, a treadmill. I did my research and found out that Walmart sells a good treadmill for under $500.00 and it does basically what I need it for. All I want to do and can do is "walk" because of my bad knees but that is all I want. I bought a pedometer last year and it came with a little booklet that had information about how you can loose weight by eating healthy and walking 10,000 steps a day. I have not been able to reach that goal everyday mostly because Aaron wont let me, he can only be in the stroller for so long and then is off to the playground. At home I was walking in place but it doesn't feel the same. Finally I convinced Dan about buying that treadmill and after going to different Walmart locations I found the treadmill, we went and got it last Tuesday, I put it together with a little bit of help from Dan, I just needed his strength :)
The treadmill works fine and I am able to put it away during the day so it is out of the way and the kids can't kill themselves on it. I have been working out everyday with exception of Saturday and Sunday and I feel great, more energized which is a great thing.
Now the plan is to still go walk at the park for an hour, let Aaron play, then come home and do 40 minutes on the treadmill and I will be doing 10,000 steps a day.
I can't go to the gym because I feel embarrassed by working out in front of people, I used to go to the gym back home with my mom and we were lucky to be the only two people at the gym every afternoon but there is something about how I see my self in work out clothes that just doesn't make me feel good about myself, so I rather just wear sweat pants and old t-shirts without getting looks from people. I know I am weird.
I am also hoping that by my kids watching me exercise constantly they can also join in the fun and learn that it is good to stay active, not that I have been a couch potato or anything.
A couple of weeks ago as I was doing a Pilate's work out Tristan and Aaron kept telling me "you can do it mom, keep going" as I was flat on the floor not being able to move a single muscle, I actually finished 40 minutes of that work out thanks to them.
So wish me luck and hopefully we will see some results soon.

6 comments:
GOOD LUCK!!!!
That's awesome, Hyde!! Keep at it! :) Oh, and if you ever *were* interested in going to a gym, a lot of gyms have a "Women Only" room and I LOVE that room! Some have a "Cinema Room" too where they are constantly playing movies and it's dark and no one can see you in there and that's always a relief, too. :P
If you are interested in doing any weight training, I have an entire program I can show/pass on to you that was designed specifically for women to do at home. It is complete with nutrition/healthy eating tactics, too!
Seriously, if you need any help, tips or advice to either the exercise/weights or healthier eating, let me know! I've been doing this stuff for almost two years now and I'd be more than happy to help! :)
Oh, and don't worry about bad knees. I get shin splints when I run so most of my cardio doesn't even come from running. Have you ever done Zumba? It is SO much fun! You don't even feel like you're exercising because it's practically like an hour-long dance class! I bet the kids could get into it too. They have Zumba DVDs too so you could easily do it at home.
http://www.zumba.com/us/shop/type/dvd/ has a couple DVD sets, and if you're looking for any good 'regular' workout DVDs, The Firm has a ton of awesome ones specifically designed for women (http://www.firmdirect.com/firm/ecs/main/dvd.html ). I have a few of those as well and they are awesome.
You can do this Hyde-what an example you are setting for your kids. Keep it up and even if you don't see the lbs. drop you will be helping your heart. Way to go!!!
The ladies at the bank asked me today if I was still running all the time and I said no. She said, "Oh, you were always so happy when you were running" so I said, "Have I been grouchy lately?" She said, "Yes, just for the last little bit." Um...so I guess I will have to start again!!
Keep going girl! I feel your pain, mine didn't want to come off either. It took barfing for 10 days to convince it to come off! Your way is much better, and your Aaron is too cute!
Post a Comment