Saturday, December 5, 2009

A sad day for many

This morning as we came back home from church (cleaning duty) Dan got the worst phone call of his life. His brother Steven gave him the news that his dad past away last night while sleeping. Dan always talked about how he thought his dad has about 10 more years left in him or more. He always seemed to be full of energy and excited about life. My in laws were planing a trip to South America next year and were very excited about it too.
The first time I met him was when Dan finished his mission, I used to be scared of him but once I got to know him as my soon to be father-in-law he turned out pretty cool. He was an easy guy to love and he was a good example to many. He knew everybody, literally. When he came to visit us the kids always were so happy to see him and spend time with him. It was not difficult to start calling him "Dad" when I got married since my dad was gone already it didn't feel weird calling him that. He has been there fur us many many times and it makes me really sad to know that we wont be able to share special moments with him anymore. It seems surreal and it brakes my heart to see Dan suffering so much. We will miss him but we also know that there is life after death, we know he is not gone forever, that we will see him again. I would like to think that he and my dad finally met and were able to exchange stories about me, that would be cool.

We will be leaving Monday morning for VA and will spend almost a whole week there. I feel like we need to be there as a family for a final goodbye and to show support to the Brown family. It will be great to see the family again even if it is not a for a happy occasion. We also hope to see old friends and to drive the kids around so they can enjoy once again being back home.

I am so glad for the gospel and the many blessings it brings to our life, for the promises that we get when we go to the Temple as we get married for time an eternity, that definitely makes situations like this one a whole lot better.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Hyde, I'm so sorry. I can't believe that President Brown is gone! It breaks my heart to hear this sad news. He was such a great man and I can think of the many times that he reached out to me and always made me feel uplifted. Please extend my condolescences to the rest of the Brown family.

Denise said...

I am so sorry about your families loss...it is always hard to lose a loved one. Aren't we blessed to know we will see them again. Our prayers are with you.

Anna Linnea said...

I am so sorry about that news. The few times that I was able to talk with him, he was such a neat man. Your family will be in our prayers, as the next few weeks (months) will be hard. Give the Browns our love.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for you and Dan. It's good that you can go to Virginia to officially say goodbye.

Kawa Rangers said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you guys will feel the comfort that you need at this time!

Emily said...

I hope the trip goes well. Know that you have been in our prayers.

Powered By Blogger