I am back!!! After a whole week of not having power we are finally enjoying the greatest invention in the world "ELECTRICITY". We got it back Yesterday afternoon and it felt sooo god. I was trying to keep myself and the kids entertained outside because we were bored out of our minds. All is well now :)
Yesterday we celebrated Tristan's 4th birthday at my brother in law's house, since they had power (they are so lucky they got it back the next day after the storm) they said we could come and bake the cake and celebrate there. I made Tristan a Thomas the Train cake, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it but everybody else thought it looked good. I carved the shape of the train on the cake and then spray painted it. It was fun to make it until it started to fall apart, I know exactly what I did wrong and next time it will look better. Anyway, we had cake, opened presents and then went home. In the evening we took Tristan to Denny's since it is our tradition to take them there for their Birthday and also to celebrate the arrival of my Mom. We are so blessed to have her with us again. My kids absolutely love her to death and were waiting for her to come back for months.
The day before she came we went to IKEA to buy a dresser for her room so she can put her clothes in it. We cleaned up the room and put her belongings in the closet and had all ready for her. She came late at night to a dark house but still had a great time talking and feeding her. Tristan got up in the middle of the night to come say hi to her and even cried when he saw her, then the rest of the kids followed and we all stayed up for a while longer.
I know many of you were worried about us and prayed for us and we are grateful for it. The storm didn't even scratch our home. We had gas and water and were able to feed the kids the entire week with no problems, we went over to Steven's house to recharge the DVD player and computer and used their internet connection to post stuff on the blog a little bit. Gas stations are back to normal now, stores are open and we have power, we made it through the storm and next time we will be more prepared. Just so you know... WE STILL LIKE HOUSTON!!!

6 comments:
Happy birthday Tristan!
Que me alegro que todo regreso a la normalidad y que mi mama llego sin novedad 8-)
What a cute cake. You are so talented. How do you learn to do all these fancy cakes? Tell him happy belated birthday from the Butler bunch!
That cake is AMAZING! I am such a wanna-be cake decorater. How long is your mom there for?
I learned how to decorate the cakes from my Mom, I started since I was 12 and I really enjoy it. My mom is staying until Nov 16th.
Happy Birthday Tristan!! I am so glad you have power back!! You become grateful for what you don't have.
I am so glad that your power is back! I can't imagine a week with out it! Your Ikea pics took me back to good old VA times! I wish we had one here. Your Mom is there! You have to be so happy! How long is she going to be there with you?
Post a Comment