
You might be wondering what this tittle means and I hope everybody gets what I am trying to say here. The day IKE was on its way to Houston I prepared myself with some bread. My brother in-law Steven invited us over to hang out while waiting for the storm. I had decided I was going to bake that day and so I brought all my stuff over to their house and got to work. I made 4 loaves of bread and 24 rolls. I knew we were not going to find bread at the store so home made bread would be a great idea. The bread came out perfect and Dan took pictures of it. As I was baking the bread I couldn't help but to think about the one person that taught me how to make bread. One of my dear sisters in law Laurel Brown, when I met her I thought she was the perfect Mormon Wife. She knew how to do everything, she was a very good mom, housewife, friend, daughter, she was everything I wanted to be as I was starting my new life. After a year of marriage we ended up living with them for a while and that is when she taught me how to make bread from scratch and she told me stories about how her mother had taught her and the whole experience was very special to me. Sadly my sister-in-law is not part of the family anymore on paper maybe, but in my heart she still is and I consider her more than a friend, she is like the older sister I never had. I appreciate her friendship and even when we don't talk all time we still keep in touch and I hope she knows that I love her a lot. She is gone through so much in such a short period of time. To me she is still the same person I met 10 years ago but stronger than ever and I still look up to her. I wish her all the best and pray for her so things will get easier and that she can have the guidance she needs as a single Mom.
Isn't it amazing what you think about when you are simply baking bread?

9 comments:
That is really poignant. There are people that will always be family, even if it isn't on paper. Your bread looks awesome-way to go. There is nothing better than homemade bread. Yum!
As provider of the oven we got a few loaves in return and it was indeed delicious, and the rolls were even better! You can come over any time to make bread, Hyde :) I'm glad you're still keeping in touch with Laurel.
Loved this post. So sweet and the bread looks delicious!
Wow! You could sell that bread. It looks so good! You are such a talented person. I'm glad you made it through IKE ok too.
Baking brings out the best of my thoughts too! Yeah for bread!
Awwwm, that made me cry. The bread is beautiful and it was a great tribute to a great sister in law...even if it isn't on paper. I wish we lived closer...except for the hurricanes and stuff.
You are so sweet, I love reading your blog! And, I have to say, your bread looks amazing, I'm sure it tasted pretty amazing too!
Cute blog. Seriously the best bread I have ever seen. Glad to see pics of your family.
Amy Kawa
I should of had you teach me how to make bread before you left! I have no idea how to do it! I love the Thomas cake for Tristan, Eli would be jealous if I let him see it! I'm glad you guys survived Ike, I flew through it on my way to England. i couldn't stop thinking about you guys! Glad everything is ok!
Post a Comment