We have lived in this house for 12 years (almost) and we didn't really do much in all these years to spruce up the place.
First let me just start by saying that as much as I tried to keep things tidy, clean and free of clutter... having 5 kids makes it really hard.
I have friends who kept their house in top shape and kudos to them, my kids were very playful, full of imagination and crazy ideas. I let them try all kinds of things. Playing was part of learning and growing up. Things have broken down around here, like the dishwasher, the fridge and even our garbage disposal. We had to get a new one and then decided to get a new sink with it and it looks great. I guess our biggest change has been the new floors we got for downstairs, they are not wood but they look like it and it was really good quality. Our friend Jason who is a great handyman installed them for us and also our new front door about 2 years ago.
About 2 months ago I started to think that it would be a good idea to paint the house now, the walls that have been touched a million times by my litltles and not so litltles throu out all these years, those poor walls needed a pick me up. I started in the half bathroom downstairs. then I moved to the front room (foyer) and it loos really great. My next project is the front door actually, the outside really needs to get some color. I think it will look amazing when I am done with it.
I had to fix some of the corners around the stairs area and the living room, they had lost the plaster with the baby ate we used to keep there, once I put the primer on I can continue to paint the rest of the walls downstairs.
I am actually looking forward to all the changes and making my house look like grownups live here haha.
That's it for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment