People are really nice most of the time, when it comes to babies you pretty much hear how cute they are and how they are changing and growing, how they look like you or how they are a good mix. I don't mind people saying all those things but why oh why do I get so irritated when they tell me how small Kahlan is... seriously I have seen smaller babies out there. Friday night we had our ice cream social at the church and I was really excited to go, it was so funny that everybody would see us with Kahlan and immediately say how cute she was and how tiny, almost everybody said the same thing, after the third time I was like OK I know my baby is small. Then there was this one sister that commented how small she was, then while somebody was commenting on how small Kahlan was once again this same sister said "she is extremely tiny!!!" by that point I was really annoyed and said "she is not extremely tiny, I know she is small"... she kept saying it over and over... I guess she has no clue that I hear it all the time but it really made me uncomfortable. After that I just kept thinking about my own issues with height that I have had all my life and it made me sad for Kahlan because she is probably going to go through the same thing all her life. Shayna was also a small baby, even family members told me that there had to be something wrong with her because her size was just not normal at all and when I took my concerns to the doctor he would tell me that there was nothing wrong with her and that as long as there was progress on her growing chart that was good and that most of the American people think that rolls and heavy babies equal good health and that's supposed to be normal when in reality my babies have the perfect size.
I would never go to a person with a fat baby and say "what is wrong with your baby he is so fat".
I do appreciate the nice comments :) I think my baby is perfect just the way she is and that if she were any bigger it would really kill my back, hey I am small, she takes after me and like my mom used to say to me when I was little "the best fragrances come in small bottles".
P.S. I have nothing against the above mentioned sister, she is really nice and always saying nice things about my kids... she just touched a sore spot.

1 comment:
I had the same thing happen with Olivia - people would say, "She's so tiny - my babies were NEVER that tiny!" Then I would ask how much their kids weighed at birth, and it was less than Olivia! So, I think people just forget how small new babies really are. I also think it's funny now when people say how little Carmen is - I just think, "You have no idea: she's my chubby one!"
I think Kahlan is the perfect size.
Post a Comment