Monday, June 21, 2010

My Victor

Victor came to us in a different kind of way, he was the hardest delivery I had to go through and the fact that we didn't know if he was alive when he came out left a horrible impression in my life about how close you can get to loosing someone so fast. Luckily for us he was fine after getting some oxygen and then life with Victor started.... he was the kind of baby that would not stop crying at all. Yup that is all he did the first year of his life... CRY!!!! We had to leave him in the baby room for a couple of hours every day just so that I could take a nap during the 24 hours I had to deal with him. Definitely not an easy baby to deal with but a cute one none the less. Eating was another problem for him, so picky and never wanting to eat. He did not like getting dirty, he did not like throwing the ball or riding a bike but he eventually learned, riding a bike that is because throwing the ball is still a challenge. He is the kind of guy that will try once or twice and then give up and be miserable sitting on the bench watching every body else have fun. We have tried all kinds of things with him to get him interested in things that other boys like, but he always says no to everything. A couple of weeks ago I signed him up for Karate lessons, he was totally against it and actually cried about it a little bit. Dan said that we need to make him go anyways and see if he liked it. So I went with him on the first day and sat through the whole first class and watched him sit there out of his comfort zone but he tried his best and actually liked it. We really don't care if he does sports or not, if he is a great swimmer or not, we just want him to fit in and to not set himself up as an outcast so early in life. He barely has any friends and I think sometimes he is OK with that, but I fear for him for his future and for the way people might treat him in school when he gets older. So I might not sign him up for soccer or football, Karate seems to be OK for now and that's fine. As long as he knows that we tried to get him involved in something, he can't come back 10 years from now an say that we didn't try.
I love my Victor with all my heart, he is a special boy. He is my first boy and I am so proud to be his mom, he might not be very good with sports but he has a kind heart and he is very smart, he might not be what boys are all about but he has found a way to enjoy his life his way, the Victor way...

On a side note, yesterday Victor told me that he woke up with a tummy ache and we thought that maybe he was just trying to get out of going to church. We went to church and sat there for like 10 minutes and he kept looking worse and worse. I asked him if he was in a lot of pain and he said that it was really bad. He was holding on to his tummy the entire time and could not sit straight anymore. I started to get nervous because I remember when my brother had appendicitis and he started complaining about his tummy too. I told Dan that I was going to take him to the ER to make sure that was not the case. So we left, went home to change our clothes and by the time I was ready to go I found Victor in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet totally naked but looking much better, he said that his tummy didn't hurt anymore and that the problem was that he needed to go #2.
I was so freaked out the entire time we were driving home, so to see him feeling better made my day.

3 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

If there is one boy I love out of Connor's friends... it is VICTOR!! :)

Kawa Rangers said...

I hope the karate thing works out. I have a friend in a very similar situation with her son, and the karate seemed to help a little bit!
Glad he went got his poop out before you had to take him to the hospital! I'm glad that's all that the pain was.

Anne Dixon said...

I must say that your vistor sounds a lot like my Monty. He was the same at birth and as a baby too - interestingly enough. I have been thinking about getting him involved in karate as well. Maybe in the fall - we'll see

Powered By Blogger