Friday, September 6, 2013

Ouch!

I am not the most graceful person, I have known that all my life, I always get hurt kicking the bed post, a toy, the vacuum, my own kids. I get bruises from bumping into things and some times I don't even notice until they colorful spots show up all over my arms, thighs and well everywhere.  Two nights ago I did the best one so far.  My kids always leave the lights on in the hallway or bathroom and at night and since it kind of bothers me when I wake up in the middle of the night I tend to go and turn them all off.  They leave a trail and it is ridiculous, I went and turned them all off one by one and on my way down the stairs I still don't know how I ended up slipping and falling all the way from the top to the bottom of the first set of stairs. I found myself sitting on the floor crying and praying "please don't let me have any broken bones", I was in so much pain and knew that something was really wrong.  Shayna woke up and came to see what was going on but I sent her away because I didn't want her to be tired on her first day of school. She knew I was hurt bad but obediently went back to bed.  I tried to get up and use my left foot but I just could not move so I dragged myself over to the couch and kept crying and trying o figure out how bad it was.  After a while I could see that most of my toes were starting to get swollen and some were already bruising and others were just red. Eventually FB friends suggested that I try soaking my feet in Epsom Salt with hot water, I was lucky to have some that a friend from church gave me months ago but I never used. This particular Epsom salt package had lavender oil in it and it made it so much better, I was able to relax at the same time and I did feel so much better, took some Ibuprofen and tried to go to sleep but it was hard. The next day I showed Dan what had happened and he seemed really concerned about it, since I am babysitting again there was no chance to go to the doctor during the day so I waited for Dan to come home from work and then I went to an emergency clinic, it took about 4 hours to get it all done.
They took X rays, found out I had a sprained ankle and the toes were fine, no broken bones. They gave me a shoe to use for the next 6 weeks and we went and bought some crotches today, I am not looking forward to the crotches but I will used them since I want to heal properly. 
I am kind of frustrated because this is just another thing that will prevent me from moving forward with my goal of going to the gym at least 3 days a week.... oh well.  Time flies and I am sure I will be back there soon enough.  
Also I hate feeling helpless and I am going to need lots of help from the kids, just today I realized how much I am going to need them with simple things like doing the dishes and helping me with laundry.  I can't stand on my feet for too long, it kills me.  The pain comes and goes of course as I take the medication and it wears off I can feel it more.  
I know this is just a sign that I am supposed to take things easy.  My car has been sitting in my driveway for way longer than expected now and we are still trying to figure out what is going on, so I have been stuck at home for weeks, now this.... yes I get the message, so now I have more free time to read the scriptures, and I guess enjoy the simple things in life, I am always trying to find ways to keep busy and when my car is not "sick" I usually go go go all the time. It usually is to go and get the grocery shopping done and things like that but some times I just get out of the house just to get out and entertain myself or Kahlan. I have been getting the impression for a while now that HF really wants me to do more scripture studying and so that's what I will be doing. I have decided to stop ignoring this prompting and I am sure my life will be blessed because of it.  
Just realizing this makes me feel better, I am trying to find the positive in a very gloomy situation right now. He knows how gloomy I feel right now :)  Thank goodness it was not a broken foot that's for sure!!!

 The top pics are from the first night and then the second day, this one right above is after I got my special shoe... so fancy.  The pics below are of me at Walmart with my Hydemobile and a picture of my brace I had to get because I injured my hand while using the crutches... the list keeps going for me.
 At the bottom I have a pic of my cute covers I made for my crutches because they hurt a lot so I decided to put some padding and cover them, plus they are not as boring.  Lastly we have a pic of what my foot looks like now.  It is still sore, the bruising is going down more but my ankle still hurts.



No comments:

Powered By Blogger